We have made it half way through the quarter! Here are a few quick reminders that were addressed this week:
- The membership dues were due by the end of this week! Please email us if you missed this deadline and want to make up for it or are not able to pay the dues. The dues are $45 for the entire year, which includes the shirt, and $20 per quarter without the shirt.
- Speaking of shirts, the deadline for t-shirt designs are due this Saturday, November 5th at 12 am! We will be voting on the best designs in the future meetings.
- We are planning a social for later this quarter! Please participate in the poll on our Facebook page to determine what activity we should do at our social.
- A theater company on campus called Brown Bag is collecting stories of first-generation students to put together a performance. The link to sign up is located in our Facebook page! Participating in the interview, which will take no more than 30 minutes, will earn you an hour worth of points!
- Stay tuned for a future fundraiser being planned for later in this quarter!
We also had a "Failure Resume" workshop in which we acknowledged our failures and brainstormed ideas and steps we we would take to learn from our mistakes/rejections. Becoming comfortable with your shortcomings will encourage you to learn from them and apply your knowledge to future experiences!
**This is a very brief recap of our last meeting. For more detailed information, please let us know by e-mailing us!**